martes, 14 de mayo de 2013

Interview


Interview to Maria Soledad Depix: 

She is medical technologist with mention clinical laboratory of the University of Chile, magister in science, mention in biochemistry, Director of Medical Technology School of St. Thomas University.


  • Why are you decided to become a medical technologist?
  1. I always liked lab area, laboratory work, scientific work and found it one of the career that I could contribute more on that side, it was the science area which was the one I liked
  • Which university did your study?
  1. I studied in University of Chile

  • And after graduation from University, what did?

  1. I titled Just  I started to work as an assistant in some subjects related to biochemistry and  then I always worked  in that area, biochemistry, Bioanalysis, molecular biology, and then I leaned to do a graduate degree in that area, biochemistry
  • Why are you  inclined to area of  biochemistry and molecular biology?

  1. Because I liked the research, then as that was the area I most complemented and could expand more knowledge in this part which was what I liked.
  • From the research that you  has been done, what has been the one you liked?

  1. I worked a while before i working on the healthcare thing itself, I research work in the science faculty of the University of Chile and there we did a very nice job with natural products, which I was a grass, a plant Rapa Nui.Then this work was in partnership with organic chemicals and they extracted natural product from this plant and it was tested in cultured cells and that it had a lot of activity what It had to do with the cytoskeleton, then it was producing an entire level disorder then it could be applied to future studies of cancer, Alzheimer's, among others. From this work it came a very nice publication, an international publication, but then I went to the assistance and then teaching
  • Why are you decide to be a teacher?.

  1. I tend to be to the teacher was the example I had a teacher when I studying, that's what motivated me say to follow the teaching, research, she was a very capable, very good  in what motivated me to then that really impressed me and in fact when I started working, fresh from working beside her, I was her assistant, then that also helped me to decide
  • How long have you been director of the medical technology of st.Tomas University?
  1. Since 2004, when it opened the college career. The initial draft of the career as I do and I was called to take charge of this career.
  • About the book that you wrote, what the reason for do it?
  1. More than anything I was capture the knowledge that i gave in the post-title, as we have a post-title program in molecular biology, then a way to capture all the knowledge together with other teachers of the school and external teachers who help us in the post title, we did the idea of writing a book that it will help people working in laboratory, research, it was also support for students that being introduced to the field of molecular biology that mainly.
Thanks you very much Maria soledad. have a nice day


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario